POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray/Povray : Re: Moray/Povray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray/Povray
From: Erik
Date: 30 Aug 1998 02:24:31
Message: <35E8E220.136B7960@3-cities.com>
Simon de Vet wrote:

> marc wrote:
>
> > hmmm main difference, Moray is a modeler POVRAY is a renderer. you can
> > create scenes in both  but if you want to see them, you have to use POVRAY.
> > Moray by itself only makes wireframe pics.
>
> So basically it's POVRAY by itself, or MORAY and POVRAY. Moray alone if
> worthless....
>
> All I can say is if you are a programming type, use straight Povray.... If
> you're not (like me) use Moray, as it saves a lot of mental visualization, at
> the loss of some power.
>
> Simon
> http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet

Or best yet, use Moray to make your textures and position everything, and
tweak the .pov file it exports.  Best of both worlds.  Go over to the
binary animations group, I have an asteroid flyby in which I used Moray
to position everything, then I edited the .pov file to take advantage of
the clock variable.  It really is a powerful combination.  BTW, animate
the turbulence of a box shaped marble pattern halo with a gradient made
to look like lightning.  Now THAT is a cool thing to see, even cooler
if you oscilate the turbulence using a periodic function such as cos